One moment you're endlessly
mowing the grass, & the next enjoying an abundance of home grown vegetables
An amazingly simple transformation from lawn to attractive, productive vegetable
garden in several quick steps. An excellent example of the ease of using railway
Ingredients & process
1) Place on the ground the 12 sleepers (in this case 3m x 250mmx 75mm Baltic
pine) to form 3 square raised veg beds
2) Attach (with a drill) each corner with 2 no.timberlok screws (in this case
3) Cover the bottom with manure /compost & then fill up with top soil.
This is often the most tiring bit !
4) Plant up your rows of carrots, beetroot, onions etc..
5) Within weeks you can savour those fresh picked lettuces and sweetpeas !
Life will never be the same again.
As in the picture sleepers
can be placed on the surface to walk on to avoid soil